Panasonic's new TH-50PV80H has a 100,000 contrast ratio and an SD card reader. These features and more like Arch Design make it an excellent Multi-System TV.
- Model: Panasonic TH-50PV80H
- 50" Ultra Bright Plasma Display with 100,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- PAL/NTSC/SECAM/NTSC 3.58/NTSC4.43/PAL 60 compatibility
- Tunes TV channels for PAL BG, PAL I, SECAM DK, NTSC M
- 24P True Cinema processor allows you to view blu-ray movies at 24 frames per second (also known as 24hz), the way you see video at the movie theatre!
- Digital Connection for HDTV signals
- This is a multisystem TV. All Multi System TVs in the market do not have a digital TV tuner: What does this mean? To watch digital channels (ATSC Broadcasting in US and DVBT broadcasting overseas) you need a digital source/tuner like a cable box, digital tuner, satellite service, etc. To get the best quality video on this TV you need a source that has a digital connection like HDMI or component.
- SD Card Slot (JPEG) for direct playback of images on your SD cards
- Horizontal Arch Design
- Completely Flat Screen
- Super Thin Construction
- Real Black Drive System
- Progressive Scan
- Anti- Reflection Coated Screen
- 3 HDMI Inputs
- 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i, Digital Signal Compatibility
- HDTV monitor: Can support both HDTV and EDTV/SDTV
- 16:9 Wide Screen Cinema Aspect Ratio
- Ultra-Thin Design - Only 3.9" Deep
- Progressive Component Video Input
- Multi-Scanning PC Monitor Support up to 1366 x 768
Put it Anywhere:
The 3.9" deep TH-50PV80H gives you the luxury of choosing between hanging your TV on the wall or placing it on a stand.
Bright and Vivid Picture:
The Panasonic TH-50PV80H offers unrivaled picture quality for your viewing pleasure. Thanks to plasma technology you can view images with amazing clarity, brightness, and contrast. The TH-50PV80H can display up to 1,070 million colors and is one of the brightest displays with a contrast ratio of 10000:1. All this leads to a much more vivid television experience.
16:9 Wide Screen:
You no longer have to deal with cropped off images while watching some of your favorite movies. With its wide screen 16:9 aspect ratio you can now watch movies in their original format. In fact, the 16:9 aspect ratio is one of the most important aspects of the TH-50PV80H since all future HDTV signals will be broadcast in this format.
Wide Viewing Angle:
The TH-50PV80H offers a completely flat viewing surface with a 160 degree viewing angle. The expansive viewing angle means that you can watch your favorite programs from nearly anywhere in your living room without distortions common to rear-projection TV's or TFT monitors.
Cure for Sore Eyes:
Traditionally, video signals are transmitted using an interlacing format where two separate frames are transposed to create one single frame. This results in flicker that can lead to eye fatigue and soreness. This flicker problem is eliminated with the progressive scanning process where video images are transmitted in one single complete frame. The TH-50PV80H is compatible with all progressive scanning signals from high quality DVD players and HDTV decoders, and other high-end video equipment to produce brilliant flicker-free images.
The TH-50PV80H is PC ready. You now have the ability to use your plasma TV with any SXGA, XGA, SVGA, or VGA computer video signals*. With Panasonic's TH-50PV80H you not only have a TV, but a 42" computer monitor as well.
Digital Television for Today and Tomorrow:
The Panasonic TH-50PV80H allows you to enjoy your favorite TV programming today while being prepared for the future. The TH-50PV80H is an HDTV monitor and can support both HDTV (1080i and 720p) and EDTV/SDTV (480p and 480i) input signals. This allows you to enjoy the shows of today, with much better picture quality, and be prepared for the future of HDTV offerings.
Screen Size 50"
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Dot Pitch 1.08 mm
Contrast Ratio (Normal Mode/High Brightness Mode) 100,000:1
Brightness (Normal Mode/High Brightness Mode) 260/350 cd/m²
Displayable Colors 1070 Million Colors
Viewing Angle 160 (Degrees)
Synchronization Range Horizontal Frequency 15 kHz ~ 68 kHz
Vertical Frequency 50 Hz ~ 85 Hz
Video System 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i SDTV/EDTV/HDTV*, NTSC/PAL/SECAM
RGB Resolution SXGA (1280 x 1024)
XGA (1024 x 768)
SVGA (800 x 600)
VGA (640 x 480)
SD Memory Card Slot(SDHC Compatible) yes
PC Input Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (rear) (Audio input for PC: co-use with AV2 audio input)
Monitor Out RCA phono type (1 rear)
Audio Output RCA phono type connectors (L, R) (1 set rear:
Specifications are subject to change, please call or email us to confirm
any specific feature before buying this item.
- An external digital TV decoder is required to view digital television broadcasts where available. Depending on the capabilities of the external digital TV decoder, an external over-the-air antenna may be required to receive over-the-air digital TV broadcasts. At the time of this printing, standards for cable digital TV connectivity have not been finalized. Please check with your cable company for digital broadcast availability and compatibility with your digital TV decoder.
|Product Type||HDTV Plasma TV|
|Resolution||1920 X 1080|
|PC Inputs||Mini D-sub 15-pin x 1 (rear) (Audio input for PC: co-use with AV2 audio input)|
|S-video Inputs||AV3/4: Mini DIN 4-pin (1 rear, 1 front)|
|Composite Video Inputs||AV1/2/3/4: RCA phono type (3 rear, 1 front)|
|Audio Input||AV1/2/3/4: RCA phono type connectors [L, R] (3 sets rear, 1 front)|
|Audio Outputs||RCA phono type connectors (L, R) (1 set rear:|
|Vertical Frequency (Hz)||50 Hz ~ 85 Hz|
|Viewing Angle||160 (Degrees)|
|3 HDMI Inputs||1|
|Voltage||100-240V 50/60 Hz|
|Dimensions||Dimensions W/O stand (mm) Width 1210.0 X Height 790.5 X Depth 95.0
Dimensions with stand (mm) Width 1210.0 X Height 844.0 X Depth 387.0