This BRAVIA model has a number of network features like BRAVIA Internet Video Link as well as web browsing. Come 1st April, Sony will provide an update to include additional network functionality like Skype, Widget and Media Remote.
Multi System World Wide Full HD 3D LED TV - features a built-in 3D transmitter
This TV is not only Multi System PAL, NTSC, SECAM but also 3-D! By using high frame rate LCDs with a “frame sequential display”, Sony makes it possible to watch Full HD 3D quality video on 3D compatible BRAVIA LCD TVs. This technology involves alternately transmitting images for the left eye and right eye to the screen. When viewed through the “active shutter glasses”, the two separate images on the shutter glasses are synchronized with the onscreen image with their Full HD quality intact, and precisely transmitted to the viewer’s eyes. The high-quality super-fine Full HD 3D images deliver unprecedented reality and presence.
Motionflow™ technology actually creates additional pictures which inserts into fast-moving sequences to effectively double the number of pictures, or frames, that make up the sequence. This improves motion performance so that fast actions appear clearer, sharper, and smoother.
BRAVIA Internet Video & Widgets
Access the latest movies, TV shows, videos, and music from your favourite websites such as YouTube™, Dailymotion, and Style.com right on your television*1. You can also keep up to date with the latest news, sports results, etc via customisable widgets.
Keep in touch with friends and family easily by making and receiving Internet voice and video calls*2 from your television. All you need is a compact microphone/camera to make free Skype-to-Skype calls and low-cost SkypeOut calls to regular telephone numbers.
X-Reality™ Picture Engine
Don’t let your enjoyment be hampered by low-resolution source videos. With Sony’s exclusive X-Reality Engine, everything you watch – from HD movies to web videos – is analysed and selectively processed to give clean, clear, and lifelike pictures. While 3 unique noise reduction features work their magic prior to upscaling, Sony’s Intelligent Image Enhancer divides the signal into four characteristics – texture, outline, contrast, and colour – and optimises each one individually for more vivid and distinct pictures.
Edge-mounted LEDs allow BRAVIA televisions to have a thinner side profile while providing better colour contrast to pictures. Its high energy efficiency also means less energy is used when compared with traditional fluorescent tubes.
Use your VAIO keyboard to control your television and input text quickly and conveniently.
Full HD 1080
Enjoy HD content the way they were meant to be seen. From HD broadcasts, HD satellite TV, HD cable, Blu-ray Disc™ movies, and HD home videos, you’ll catch each and every pixel in stunning clarity.
- Model: Sony KDL-46EX720 Multi System LED LCD TV - Edge LED
- 3-D LED TV - make your movies come to life!!
- World-Wide NTSC/PAL/SECAM Video Color System
- DVB-T, PAL BG/PAL I/Secam BG, DK/ PAL DK TV tuners
- Also works in Brazil and Argentina if used with an external TV tuner like a cable box l, satellite box, VCR, etc.
- This tv does not have NTSC or ATSC tuner. So in countries that use this tuner (like the USA) you will need an external tuner like a cable box, satellite service, etc
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio 2,000,000:1
- Voltage: automatic switching between 100-240 volts 50/60Hz for use world wide
- Display Resolution : Full HD 1080 (1920 x 1080)
- Video Processing : BRAVIA Engine™ 3
- Backlight Module : LED
- Live Colour™ : Yes
- 24P True Cinema™ : Yes
- Intelligent Picture Plus
- MPEG Noise Reduction : Yes
- 178° Viewing Angle
- Screen Format: TV: Full / Normal / Wide Zoom / Zoom, PC: Normal / Full 1 / Full 2
- Picture: Vivid / Standard / Custom / Game-Standard / Game-Original
- Simulated Surround
- Sound Mode: Dynamic / Standard / Clear Voice
- Surround Mode: Cinema / Music / Sports / Game
- Stereo System: NICAM, A2
- Audio Output Power: 20W (10W x 2)
- HDMI™ / Audio In : 4 (1 Side/ 3 Rear)
- USB 2.0 : 1 (Side) : Photo (JPEG), Music (MP3), Video (MPEG1, MPEG2 TS & PS)
- Component / Audio In: 1 (Rear, Composite Input Common Use)
- Composite / Audio In : 3 (1 Rear Monitor Out Common Use / 1 Rear, Component Input Common Use)/ 1 Side)Common Use / 1 Side)
- HD15 PC Input / Audio : 1 (Side)
- Audio Out : 1 (Rear)
- Headphone Out : 1 (Side)
- BRAVIA Sync :Yes
- Picture Frame Mode : Yes
- Clock : Yes
- Sleep Timer : Yes
- On/Off Timer : Yes
- Teletext : Yes (1000 pages)
- PAP (Picture And Picture) : Yes (1 tuner)
- PIP (Picture In Picture) : Yes (PC Input)
- OSD Language : English, Simplified Chinese, Arabic, Persian, Vietnamese, Thai, French, Russian
- Swivel / Tilt : Yes / -
- PC Power Management : Yes
- Ambient Sensor : Yes
- Power Saving Modes : Yes
- Idle TV Standby : Yes
- Packaging Materials : Recycled Carton (more than 70%)
- Printed Materials : Recycled Paper (more than 40%)
- Power Consumption: 87W (In operation)
- Standby Power Consumption: Less than 0.3 W
- Regulation and Standard Compliance
- Energy Star® Compliant
Approximate Dimensions (W x H x D):
- Dimensions (W x H x D) with Stand 1078 x 690 x 260 mm Approx.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) without Stand 1078 x 660 x 42(29.8) mm Approx.
- Weight: 17.9kg with stand 14.3kg without stand
- Remote Control
- Battery 2 x AAA
|Product Type||LED TV|
|3-D Multi System TV||Yes|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080p|
|Composite Video Outputs||1|
|Audio Outputs||20W (10W x 2)|
|Audio Systems||Simulated Surround
Sound Mode: Dynamic / Standard / Clear Voice
Surround Mode: Cinema / Music / Sports / Game
Stereo System: NICAM, A2
Audio Output Power: 20W (10W x 2)
|Color Temperature||Cool, Neutral, Warm|
|Video Processing||BRAVIA EngineT 3|
|Power Consumption||87W (In operation)|
|Voltage||100-240V 50/60 Hz|
|Dimensions||Dimension without Stand : Approx.1078 x 660 x 42(29.8)mm (W x H x D)
Dimension with Stand : Approx. 1078 x 690 x 260 mm (W x H x D)